The semantic core creates to:
Conduct marketing analysis
To select key phrases, it is necessary to analyze the websites of significant competitors. This allows you to consider the successful experience and apply it in the development of your website.
Create a website structure
You need to build a semantic core to structure your web resource in the future. Depending on how many queries have select, how best to organize the menu, link between pages, and more.
Optimize website pages
Selected keywords and search queries use to optimize the website pages for each of them, both for structuring and ranking in search engines. Website optimization will avoid spam.
Generate terms of reference for copywriters
It is unclear what topics to write content to give copywriters without a semantic core. Having a content plan with the prescribed main and additional keywords, an experienced copywriter will write quality texts optimized for the correct perception of search engines.
Create new pages and sections of the website
When faced with new keywords and search queries relevant to the topic, it becomes clear which sections and pages should add to the website.
Find link texts (anchors)
Well-chosen key queries will help you decide which phrases are best for anchors.
How to make a semantic core for a website?
To build the SEO-core, often use the service Google Ads (in the future, it will run contextual advertising) and the like. When searching for queries, you should enter the line previously selected words that reflect the specifics of the website. The most frequently searched phrases will be available in the drop-down list. At this stage, it is necessary:
- analyze the issue, choose the appropriate phrases;
- highlight clarifying and associative queries.
Types of key queries
Keywords can divide into three groups:
- low frequency (LF), queried in search engines about 100-500 times a month. With the help of a woofer, you can quickly raise a new website in the search results. Most often, they implement in the description posted on the pages of goods or services. They are pretty specific, consisting of 3-4 words;
- medium frequency (MF). The number of such requests reaches 500-5 thousand, MF requests actively use for commercial resources;
- high frequency (HF). The most popular phrases that users most often enter in the search bar. The number can be 5-10 thousand and more. With the help of RF queries, you can strengthen the position of promoted websites.
The frequency depends on the topic. For the young resource, the best solution will be medium- and low-frequency queries.
Carrying out clustering
Selected key phrases should divide by content into groups (clusters). Clustering allows you to remove the excess and highlight the main things you need for:
- setting up effective advertising campaigns;
- creation of relevant pages;
- formation of a detailed structure of the website.
Clustering is a complex process, so it is better to use automation services: MegaIndex, SE Ranking, others. It recommends checking ready clusters manually to exclude possible errors, inaccuracies.
Compiling the SEO-core should focus on the subject of the website, the wishes of potential customers, and external sources: contextual advertising, search tips, and analysis of competing resources.
Remember: the correct construction of the semantic core of the website is an essential point in optimizing the web resource and plays a significant role in promotion. Tips on forming the semantic core of a website will help you do this complex job correctly and relatively quickly.
Mistake in constructing the semantic core
Collecting the semantic core is one of the priority tasks of any SEO specialist when working with a promoting project. The following are common mistakes that novice optimizers can make when collecting semantics.
- Collect from one source. In semantics collected from a single source, it is possible to lose several queries that will help promote the website. We recommend the following list of services for keyword selection: Serpstat, keyword scheduler Google Ads, Semrush, Ahrefs. The best option would be a kernel, which includes phrases from several sources.
- Skip synonyms. The semantic core without synonyms will be incomplete. When collecting semantics, it is necessary to include synonyms in the core. This will help increase relevance. For example, repair of mobile phones = repair of mobile phones, etc.
- Focus on RF queries. As a rule, RF requests have high competition, promotion of a young website can be ineffective.
- Ignore woofer requests. It is not necessary to pay attention to woofer inquiries. Thanks to them, you can tighten the vector of thematic focus of articles and the website, which in the future will provide good support for creating accounts aimed at advancing on high-frequency queries.
- Wrongly clustered queries. In the case of incorrect clustering, the relevancy of the website’s pages deteriorates sharply, which negatively affects the promotion. When clustering queries, you need to understand what content users put into the query and adequately distribute the queries on the website’s pages.