When we talk about SEO text, the first thing that comes to mind is the keywords under which it optimizes. Keyword selection is an essential step in website development. They play a leading role in search engines determining the place for a page in the results of the issue.
The difference between keywords and search queries
The concepts of keywords, search queries, or phrases are different. Keywords or key phrases that SEO specialists use in the semantic core are selected using specialized services. And search queries or phrases are words that users type in the search bar of search engines to get an answer.
Why do you need keywords?
Keyword optimization is the primary method of search engine promotion. If the page does not have thematic keywords, the search engines will not consider the page relevant to the queries. Accordingly, such a page is unlikely to occupy a high position in the issue. Therefore, even at the first optimization stage, the semantic core is formed – the selected keywords to promote the website. Under this kernel, existing pages optimize, or new ones create, article topics chose, relinking is performed, and so on.
Keywords and relevance
According to the set of keywords in the text, the search engine ranks the document. This is the basis of internal website optimization, which collects a list of keywords grouped by attributes and distributed over the website pages.
Relevance is the correspondence of a website page to a search query specified in a search engine. It gives the user a list of pages that respond to the query, and the higher the relevance of the page, the higher the position. A sign of the page’s relevance to the user’s search query – is the presence of the query in the text. To increase the relevance of the document, the keyword place in the subheading or title of the page.
For more information on the relevance and optimization of the page for search queries, see the link – website promotion on queries.
Types of key entry
Selected keywords can be used in texts in different ways. Accurate occurrences are more effective for promotion, but their incorrect use can cause sanctions from search engines. Therefore, different types of events most often use in texts.
- Exact. The keyword phrase is used in the same form in which users enter it in the search bar. For example, “we offer to buy a bike with delivery.”
- Straight. The words in the keyword phrase remain the same but can separate by punctuation.
- Diluted. Other words (usually thematic, clarifying) use between parts of the key phrase. For example, “you can buy a cool bike from us.”
- Morphological. Words in the key can change form: to be canceled, change places, and dilute with prepositions or other official parts of speech.
- Synonymous. Synonyms replace some words from key phrases.
It is important to ensure their literacy, good readability, and correct construction of phrases.
Types of keywords
Keywords divide by features:
- Degree of competition;
- According to the INTENT of the user;
- By activity of use.
According to the competition, they divide into low-competitive (NC), medium-competitive (SC), high-competitive (VC). It assumes that the higher the competition on-demand, the more difficult it is to get positions on the first page of the issue.
They also divide by frequency: high-frequency (HF), medium-frequency (MF), low-frequency (LF).
According to INTENT (user’s intention), keywords distinguish commercial, navigation, and information.
According to the activity of their use are divided into: permanent, temporary and seasonal. Examples of temporary ones are festivals, premieres, etc. Seasonal – tied to a particular time of year, when the demand for specific information and products increases and with its end decreases to 0. Constant keywords, which do not reduce, are constantly asked because it is a relevant service or product: recipes, repair of something.
Longtails of words and how to use them
This refers to long phrases consisting of four or more words, but they refer to one type of service or product, for example:
- stretch ceiling – 2 words;
- two-level stretch ceiling – 3 words;
- two-level stretch ceiling price – 4 words;
- two-level stretch ceiling with lighting price – 5 words.
Experienced optimizers use keyword tails to optimize content because the competition for them is lower. It is easier to promote the website in the TOP and in a short time to get targeted visitors. In addition, studying long search queries helps to understand customers’ needs better and learn in detail the product or service, which will simplify the writing of terms of reference for copywriters.
Synonyms in keywords and their application
When compiling the semantic core for a website, there are situations when the main keywords for promotion have synonyms: roller cassettes and shutters, website creation, and website development. One of them is usually less frequent and less competitive.
Selection of keywords involves synonyms on one page, search engines perceive them as one concept, and often their output differs slightly. It happens that these synonyms have different meanings for the search engine. But pre-check the TOP10 or TOP20 for these words is still worth it.
How to place keywords in the text?
Start from the topic of the article
Some copywriters do this: they take one key and frame it with text that reflects the content of the key phrase, then move on to the second key – and so on until the end. The TOR for the article formally makes all the keys in place, but the final article has no informational value.
Experienced copywriters can enter in their SEO texts the occurrence of keywords to become invisible to the reader – they are recorded only by search bots that select resources according to the user’s request. Therefore, it is necessary to convey the opinion clearly and distinctly to the reader, and only then is it necessary to pass to keywords.
Keep track of the relevance of your keywords
Sometimes the authors write in key phrases without thinking much about the meaning of the sentence in general, resulting in which the sentence looks meaningless.
Users need the information to be presented in a clear, concise, and specific form. If the text is full of complex sentences, which are difficult to grasp the essence, then such a page a person will quickly close.
Your job is to please people, not search engines
Here are some tips to help you write easy-to-understand text.
- Imagine yourself a regular user and look at your article with his eyes. You may find that the text is difficult to read. You need to add more subheadings because the watch has nothing to catch.
- Think about how you need to change your text so that it immediately like and reposted.
- Go straight to the point without describing things that are obvious to users. You should not explain how important quality content is and what role it plays in promoting websites.
- Think about how the benefits of the product/service will be helpful to the potential customer.
- It recommends entering the keys to the article evenly. You do not need to use two identical keywords in adjacent sentences.
- Selected keywords should be visible only to search engines, not to users, even if an experienced SEO copywriter reads the article.
- You should not write a sentence just to use a keyword phrase. It should be informative in itself. If it does not work, you should supplement it with helpful information.
Follow these tips when writing texts, and then visitors will read your articles more often to the end.