Keywords (queries by which users search for your services/products) can classify on various grounds: competitiveness, cost, entry accuracy, and others. But the most common is the method of classification by frequency of requests.
Traditionally, the keys divide into:
- high frequency (more than 1000 requests per month);
- medium frequency (from 200 to 1000 requests per month);
- low frequency (20-200 requests per month).
Each business area and the region has its range, but this schedule can take as a basis on average. Some people focus on high-frequency and mid-frequency keywords when promoting a website, believing that only they can increase website traffic. This is not entirely true.
Low-frequency promotion is a method of webwebsite promotion that uses highly specialized, highly accurate search phrases with a low frequency of impressions (<200 impressions per month). Most often, these are queries that have a so-called long “tail”. We take the main request-mask, for example, the request “buy a laptop”, add to it various “tails”: “on credit in Lviv”, “cheap in the online store”, and thus get a large number of low-frequency requests. Note that the main flow of traffic, as a rule, is formed by low frequencies. Therefore, for traffic promotion and use many low-frequency requests (select hundreds and even thousands of such requests). Therefore, low-frequency promotion is considered more stable, less costly, and trustworthy. How to prepare the website for promotion, read here.
Let’s define pluses of low-frequency inquiries:
- It is attracting the attention of target visitors. That is a real hit to the interested user and high conversion rates.
- Low competition. There is almost no competition, which makes promotion easy and fast.
- Terms of promotion. The result of advancing on low-frequency queries is usually noticeable after 4-6 weeks.
But it is worth noting the disadvantages of advancing on woofer queries, namely:
- Each query individually attracts few users. Therefore, to get a good effect, you need to type a sufficient number of low-frequency queries.
- It is necessary to control a vast number of woofer requests.
- It is difficult to reach the entire target audience.
How to move on low-frequency queries?
First, due to internal optimization, which includes:
- compiling a list of woofer keys on which the website will promote;
- writing and placing texts (articles) with the inclusion of selected queries;
- placement of woofer keys in the attributes of the alt tag;
- a sequence of woofer keys in the headers of product cards (for online stores).
Secondly, due to links: a reliable method to get secure links on low frequencies – registration in website directories. One registration allows you to promote from 20 to 100 requests. When promoting LF queries, the effect is always present, and after the positions, the traffic increases.
Who recommended to advance on LF requests?
- First of all, young websites. Start with low-frequency requests, and when at least some traffic appears and behavioral factors begin to form, it will be possible to connect midrange and high-frequency requests.
- Online stores with a wide range. Optimize product cards for woofer queries by promoting each product separately.
Be sure to include low-frequency queries in your semantic core. Advancing on them will bring good traffic at a minimal cost. However, there are difficulties – contact us!