The process of search engine promotion should begin with internal SEO optimization. Without this critical stage, the web resource will not appear in the TOP for the required queries, ie, it will not be able to attract potential buyers. There can be a lot of work in the process of internal optimization. This is quite time-consuming work, which includes many important stages. But all of it is very important so that we will pay special attention to its consideration. What does it envisage, the main tasks and problems of SE-optimization?
What internal factors need to be optimized:
- semantic core;
- relevant pages;
- content content;
- internal links;
- compliance with all technical parameters and the correct structure;
- relinking the website.
Website optimization – working with keywords
It is necessary to begin SEO optimization with the assembly of a semantic kernel – selecting keys on which the web resource will advance. Each key or group must distribute on the main pages. But even before that, it will not be superfluous to analyze which pages are now in the TOP-10 issue of HF queries on your topic.
You must first check the critical list. It should be comprehensive and include both fundamental high frequency (HF) and MF and LF requests. The second important step is to analyze the relevant web pages. Each key or group of keys must have a specific page on your website that collects valuable information for the user.
For example, if you sell leather jackets, the query “leather care jackets” should describe the care of this product and not how to order your products or warehouse addresses. If you do not have such pages, it is best to create and optimize them. First, it will give users the information they need, and second, it will promote.
At this stage, you can check the geographical dependence of queries and indexing of your web resource by search engines. And then, the direct internal optimization begins.
If the key query of 10 web resources in the issue is mainly the main pages, selecting it to advance on this RF query is also advisable. If there are many anticipated RF requests, some of them will have to take some internal pages.
To streamline your work and minimize SEO costs, using the “one key – one-page” principle is unnecessary. You can group multiple “keywords” for a single page.
If your web project is not new, you can use search engines to find the most relevant pages for specific queries. For example, go to Google in an advanced search and limit the output of your website (enter its address in the appropriate line). The first page for the specified query is as relevant as possible. Examine the main competitors to find the intersection of search queries. So you can decide what to develop and optimize – the pages are available or create new ones.
A high position in the search engine is not an end in itself SEO. A considerable role play by the content of the page of your website. As part of the internal refinement, the optimizer must make the user want to stay on the web resource. Otherwise, you risk worsening behavioral factors, which will negatively affect the ranking.
We check the content of the website
Here you mainly need to make sure the uniqueness of the available texts and analyze the density of keywords. Important keys need to locate in the title (preferably at the beginning). In this case, it is the search engines that give them weight. In this case, the exact repetition of words in the text poorly perceives by search engines. It is considered excessive optimization, which can lead to lower positions or even a ban.
The pages should be optimized so that the primary texts focus on a relatively narrow topic. This will help to describe it clearly, make unique headlines that will not intersect with each other.
Text is a significant factor in search rankings. The main requirement for it from the standpoint of SEO – high quality. You can use rewrite to create textual content, but an SEO should use high-quality copyright services.
Rewrite involves creating a new unique text based on an existing article. The structure and volumes preserve, and the former essence transfer, in other words. Copyright is the creation of unique content from scratch. The ideal option is to delegate the writing of such a text to the master of the word and a person familiar with the subject.
Keep in mind that search engines prefer websites with more text that regularly update with new ones.
Density and number of keys in the text
There is a lot of controversy and different opinions about how many keys and density in the texts you need to use. However, the essence is the same – the text should write for the reader explicit, engaging, meaningful, related to the queries it finds. Entries of keys are required both direct and indirect (in other cases, in various quantities, with dilution in other words). All of them should distribute evenly across the texting.
Of course, before adding text, you should check its SEO parameters (density, the presence of “water”, avoid spam). But the most important thing is readability and informativeness for the user, and only then – perception by search engines.
It is also necessary to conduct a morphological analysis of those elements used by search engines. This allows you to determine the relevance of certain pages to the keywords used. As part of the analysis, you need to select the density of keys, check the tags Title, Body, and the links. Based on this work, specific recommendations for professionals offer.
In some cases, the optimizer must increase or decrease the key density on the page. In others, work on the headers. Sometimes you have to get rid of the duplicate text, increase its number. And this is only part of the possible types of work.
Currently, you can use various SEO services and applications for analytics. Some services are pretty expensive, but usually, the audit will cost from $ 150 and more.
Outbound links and links within the web resource
All external links (except those marked with the nofollow tag) reduce the “weight” of the website, so you need to cite third-party resources with great care.
Another critical step in internal optimization, which contributes to effective SEO-promotion, links internal pages. This will increase the weight of the web pages you promote. In addition, when untwisting on low-frequency keys, the presence of internal redrawing helps to get into the TOP search, even without purchasing external links. It is advisable to make many links to other promotional pages from different materials of your website to raise its weight in the eyes of search engines. Keywords should be used as anchors for such links, both in direct occurrences and in various word forms.
Another popular option for relining – adding under the articles or within them blocks “interesting on the topic”, “also read”, etc.
Technical requirements for SEO – code optimization and more
We clear HTML-code
In the process of creating web resources, SEO developers usually use different visual editors. It is the reason for the appearance of redundant parameters and redundant code. The method of SEO-optimization of code cleaning has a relatively weak effect. But it allows you to lighten the weight of the web page and make the code “convenient” for the search engine. This will contribute to the high download speed of your resource. Yes, if the display time of the page exceeds 5 seconds, the guest will most likely not wait and leave it.
Manually finding all the flaws and inaccuracies of the optimizer will take a very long time. In this regard, it is best to use special software.
Encoding determines the format in which text display on pages. If the website uses incorrect encoding, visitors will see an unreadable character set instead of text. The expected encoding is UTF-8.
Approaches to compiling robots.txt (file for search engines)
Internal optimization will be ineffective if you ignore the proper editing of robots.txt. It is a file located at the root of the website, which contains the rules of operation for search engine robots. This is where you can set limits on the indexing of some pages (unless they are to publish – for example, duplicate text). Using robots.txt, specify the path to the map and mirror of the website, determine the scanning speed, etc.
If you are working with a new website, it is better to create robots.txt from a blank sheet than to place it at the root of the web resource.
What should be in robots.txt?
The file must include the following two directives:
- User-agent: this specifies for which of the search engines this instruction intends. To make it universal, ie suitable for all search engines, you must register the symbol “*”.
- Disallow: This directive specifies which pages (directories) of the web resource do not need to add to the index. For example, to close individual pages or entire sections from a search, you need to prescribe: Disallow: / folder / or /file.html
In robots.txt you should register a mirror of the web resource if any. This requires a host directive, followed by a colon and the URL of the mirror.
Tags that affect promotion
The role of tags is quite extensive. They help in the design of headlines, as well as giving weight to the words used. The words in the tags are the most important for search engines. At the same time, you should not abuse the tags either. They should look clear, concise, competent. Another point – you do not need to jump, i.e., go from H1 to H3. It harms the logical structure of the texts. Also, keep in mind that the website is created for visitors, not for search engines, so re-optimizing will not do any good.
A comprehensive audit requires:
- analyze the texts of internal links (anchors should contain keywords);
- check content on uniqueness;
- work out the titles (they should be different on all pages);
- take into account the amount of text (it is better to have more than 1000 characters per page);
- count the number of inbound and outbound links.
Based on this work, you can identify a list of problematic elements of your website, offer recommendations for eliminating all the flaws.
Recommendations by tags:
A meta tag is service information in an HTML document. Meta tags are important for search engine robots because they give them data about the page’s description (title, description) and keywords (keywords).
- Title. This is the most crucial part of any web page that provides the most weight and role in promotion. Search engines, first of all, look at these texts. In this thesis, be sure to use the keys by which this page promotes. Moreover, it best that it was not easy to list them. The tag is displayed in the search results and affects whether the visitor will follow this link or not. The title text should be readable and engaging, not just a set of critical queries. People need to want to go to your website after reading the title. In addition, in this thesis, you need to specify the most attractive offers, such as promotions and minimum prices, because this is the information the user will see immediately in the issue. The total size of the text should not exceed 70 characters. Search engines simply ignore anything more significant than this volume. Try to place the key at the beginning of the tag, as there is a risk that the search engine will cut the title, leaving it not the most informative part for users. So, focus your efforts on internal optimization to create a website with a well-read title tag that contains the keys and reflects the essence of the web page.
- Description. This tag contains a description of the page (up to 170 characters). You should also include the keys here. The use of Description is justified because it appears in the Google search engine under its title (as a description of the website). Visitors are often well served by a call to action in this page element. Recommended words for inclusion in this tag: delivery, guarantees, promotion, and others – able to attract the user’s attention, you can include the company’s phone number for quick communication. A snippet is essential for SEO because it can attract high traffic. A high position in the TOP-10 will not work if the snippet does not contain the necessary user information. In addition, along with the growing importance of behavioral factors, creating a meaningful snippet is a must for internal optimization.
- Body – this tag defines the visible part of the page. Here is the text of the publication, forms, photos, videos, and other elements. In this tag, we recommend using each keyword phrase defined for this webpage at least once. In addition, the amount of text must be more than 1000 characters, and the keys come in different versions. Keyword density should be the same as in the TOP-10 resources in issuing these queries: no more, no less.
- Links (links to other web pages). All pages have links that lead to other pages. Search engines analyze this information for keys, thus determining how relevant the material is to this query. The page that promotes should accompany by links that contain the most relevant text. If there are many such links, it will help increase the issue and free it.
- Substantial – a tag for highlighting the font. This is an opportunity to draw the reader’s attention to the highlighted “bold” words. In addition, this tag uses to give essential words and phrases more importance in search engines. This font should not abuse because the text itself will not be beautiful, and the search engine may misunderstand it. When a lot of fat highlights, there will be no positive effect.
- ALT tags (alternative description). This is the text of the image content. Yes, if, for some reason, your graphic information does not load, the user will see alternative text instead. Some optimizers often resort to using this tag when promoting. Here is the text that will describe your pictures. It is a required tag for image optimization. Here you can and should use the keys because search engines take them into account in the ranking process. And if the user has disabled the display of images in the Internet browser, this text will display instead.
- Tags H1- H6 for website optimization. The H1 tag is second only to the title in importance. The text of this meta tag must also contain keywords. But it should not be easy to list them. The use of H1 should justify as much as possible. H2-H6 tags use to describe paragraph headings. You can include keys here, but now search engines do not attach much importance to these tags when ranking.
Summary: The best SEO optimization – the work of professionals
Internal optimization, which doing correctly and competently – is the most crucial first step towards effective website promotion on the network. Remember that only experienced specialists can perform the full range of work related to optimization and guarantee the results of SEO promotion of the website! External SEO optimization is the next step of a successful website.
Be sure to follow the SEO recommendations offered here, and you will be able to save money on promotion!